We are Sage Integrative Health, an integrative health and wellness center with an emphasis on mental health in Berkeley, CA. We offer a range of services from both allopathic and holistic modalities including psychiatry, psychotherapy, naturopathic medicine, acupuncture, herbs, nutrition counseling, massage, and ketamine assisted therapy.
We are looking to hire a psychiatric nurse practitioner or psychiatrist to help patients by evaluating medical and psychiatric conditions, developing and implementing treatment plans including prescription of psychotropic medications, therapy as needed, and monitoring and evaluating treatment results. Our ideal candidate has an interest and competency in integrative health with an ability to order and interpret lab tests and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team.
Sage Integrative Health takes a trauma-focused approach to treatment and seeks practitioners who are experienced with and knowledgeable about trauma informed care. We are a team of practitioners who work collaboratively to best support the needs of our clients. We are thoughtful around communication, group dynamics and shared values. We seek to hire a clinician who is also committed to a conscious relational approach to teamwork. Sage currently offers ketamine assisted therapy and is moving towards offering other psychedelic therapies as they become legal. We are hoping to find someone who has an interest in and openness to the field of psychedelic medicine, and ideally experience with ketamine prescribing and ketamine assisted therapy.
Our clients are generally interested in holistic treatment and invested in their care. While most of our client population is low to moderate acuity, we are seeking a practitioner who is comfortable working with the occasional individual with severe symptoms. We use a fee for service payment model, and do not work with insurance companies directly at this time.
Required Education: Doctor of Medicine or Masters of Science in Nursing
Required Licensure: Certification in Psychiatry
- Evaluate patients by interviewing patients, family and other persons, conducting physical examinations, observing behaviors, reviewing medical history and related documents, selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests, and ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develop treatment plans by determining the nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establish treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treat patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications, ketamine assisted therapy, discussing progress toward goals with patients, providing instructions, and monitoring the effect of medications.
- Maintain interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress, and consulting and collaborating with the other clinicians at Sage Integrative Health.
- Assure quality and safe service for patients by applying clinic policies and procedures.
- Maintain historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events, and writing summaries.
- Update job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
Skills and Responsibilities
Electronic Health Record Documentation, Analyzing Information, Decision Making, Listening, Verbal Communication, Patient Services, Mental Health, Psychiatry, Building Relationships, Discretion, Bedside Manner
Commitment & Compensation
Physicians will be hired as independent contractors, and nurse practitioners as employees. Rates will be negotiated with practitioners based on education and level of experience. The clinician will initially be expected to work a half day per week, with the intention of building their caseload up to two full days per week.
How To Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Role||Psychiatric nurse practitioner or psychiatrist|
|Job Level||Full time|