We need a Mobile QA Analyst to test our Android and iOS apps and document issues from a user perspective. This will involve running through a list of tests that are provided, but we will also ask the candidate to expand this list and test the app in new ways that we don’t necessarily anticipate. Beta versions of the app will be distributed via TestFlight and Google Play Console.
Compensation: $25-40 CAD/hr, depending on experience
Location: Vancouver, Canada (remote is fine)
Job Type: Part-time, Contract
Start date: today
Quantified Citizen is a Canadian-based mobile health startup developing solutions to disrupt the clinical and health product research markets. We empower citizen scientists and professional researchers to easily participate and create their own scientific studies, building a movement towards more timely insights into the latest health research.
We launched our flagship mobile research app in November 2019 on the Joe Rogan Experience and have since had over 31,000 iOS app installs with a 4.8 star rating. Among our initial studies, we’ve partnered with world-famous mycologist Paul Stamets on a UBC research ethics approved 10,000+ participant correlational study on the effects of microdosing psychedelic substances on cognitive performance and mental health. We’ve also partnered with award-winning cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg on a 5,000 participant gratitude study.
Help us bring health research to everyone!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Writing clear and actionable bug reports
- Maintaining and executing test plans, as well as doing exploratory and creative testing
- Diligently reporting on product quality info, including crash reports, user feedback, and automated monitoring
- Minimizing the need for meetings with proactive communication on Slack, Github, and elsewhere
- Work together with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
What We Expect from You
- 2+ years of testing and quality experience
- Basic understanding of how mobile apps work and interact with APIs
- Must possess a physical Android device (v10) and iOS device (iPhone 6S or higher, running iOS 13), and be comfortable marking up screenshots and capturing video of the app while it is being used.
- Keep notes on a page shared by us from notion.so and be available from time to time to attend Zoom meetings to go over new test cases and interact with developers.
- The ability to capture and describe API traffic using a tool like Charles Proxy for iOS
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com. Include the role’s title in your subject line In the email, include: (1) Why you’re excited about what we’re doing. (2) Relevant descriptions and links that best showcase your work as it fits with this role.
|Role||Mobile QA Analyst|