We are seeking a part-time Market Research Analyst to join our team, on contract to start. This is a great opportunity for new graduates looking to apply their scientific knowledge to the business world.
Compensation: $25-50 CAD/hr, depending on experience
Location: Vancouver, Canada (remote is fine)
Job Type: Part-time, Contract
Start date: today
Quantified Citizen is a Canadian-based mobile health startup developing solutions to disrupt the clinical and health product research markets. We empower citizen scientists and professional researchers to easily participate and create their own scientific studies, building a movement towards more timely insights into the latest health research.
We launched our flagship mobile research app in November 2019 on the Joe Rogan Experience and have since had over 31,000 iOS app installs with a 4.8 star rating. Among our initial studies, we’ve partnered with world-famous mycologist Paul Stamets on a UBC research ethics approved 10,000+ participant correlational study on the effects of microdosing psychedelic substances on cognitive performance and mental health. We’ve also partnered with award-winning cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg on a 5,000 participant gratitude study.
Help us bring health research to everyone!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Understand business objectives and design surveys and conduct phone interviews to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Perform online market research and catalogue findings to our CRM database in Notion
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
- Remain fully informed on mHealth market trends, other parties researches and implement best practices.
What We Expect from You
- Proven market research analysis experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills (fluent English), with the ability to produce professional technical documentation
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving acumen
- Detail-oriented accuracy in all work and communication
- Internet savvy, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Familiarity with CRM programs
- Ability to interpret and synthesize large data sets
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining
- BS degree in Statistics, Marketing, Biology/Life Sciences, Economics, Business or Social Sciences or related field
- Medical and/or pharmaceutical industry experience is an asset
- Knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases or Notion is an asset.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com. Include the role’s title in your subject line In the email, include: (1) Why you’re excited about what we’re doing. (2) Relevant descriptions and links that best showcase your work as it fits with this role.
|Role||Market Research Analyst|