We are seeking a full-time Senior Flutter Developer to assist our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. You will work closely with other app development and technical teams and will focus at first on the Android platform.
You should be able to write clean code and ensure your applications run properly. We also expect you to be passionate about pushing mobile technologies to the limits and perform well working in a dynamic environment.
Compensation: $25-50 CAD/hr, depending on experience
Location: Vancouver, Canada (remote is fine)
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Start date: today
Quantified Citizen is a Canadian-based mobile health startup developing solutions to disrupt the clinical and health product research markets. We empower citizen scientists and professional researchers to easily participate and create their own scientific studies, building a movement towards more timely insights into the latest health research.
We launched our flagship mobile research app in November 2019 on the Joe Rogan Experience and have since had over 31,000 iOS app installs with a 4.8 star rating. Among our initial studies, we’ve partnered with world-famous mycologist Paul Stamets on a UBC research ethics approved 10,000+ participant correlational study on the effects of microdosing psychedelic substances on cognitive performance and mental health. We’ve also partnered with award-winning cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg on a 5,000 participant gratitude study.
Help us bring health research to everyone!
What You’ll Be Doing
You will work directly with the team on porting our existing iOS app to a Flutter codebase for an imminent Android release, engaging with us on understanding out existing API and replicating the functionality. You will interact with devops and product design teams to rapidly release and test the app as you develop it.
- Create and maintain advanced mobile Flutter applications for Android and iOS
- Work together with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Efficiently use third-party data sources and APIs
- Create and execute unit tests on your code, to ensure its robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Troubleshoot issues, fix bugs and improve application performance
- Explore and utilize new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
What We Expect from You
- Experience of working on mobile apps
- Demonstrable experience working with Flutter and/or Dart
- Solid experience in software development
- Working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Familiarity with integrating third-party libraries and APIs
- Good knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience in other languages and is a plus. Substantial experience may be considered in preference to any of the above bullet points.
- This is a remote job, you are free to work where you work best. You will be expected to regularly overlap 2-4 hours of your workday with the Vancouver workday (UTC-8) to interact with our core team.
- Effective, frank, and open communication skills
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the role’s title in your subject line In the email, include: (1) Why you’re excited about what we’re doing. (2) Relevant descriptions and links that best showcase your work as it fits with this role.
|Job Category||Engineering, Tech|