We are seeking for a UI/UX Designer to turn our software into easy-to-use products for our clients.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
Compensation: $50-75 CAD/hr, depending on experience
Location: Vancouver, Canada (remote is fine)
Job Type: Part-time, Contract
Start date: today
Quantified Citizen is a Canadian-based mobile health startup developing solutions to disrupt the clinical and health product research markets. We empower citizen scientists and professional researchers to easily participate and create their own scientific studies, building a movement towards more timely insights into the latest health research.
We launched our flagship mobile research app in November 2019 on the Joe Rogan Experience and have since had over 31,000 iOS app installs with a 4.8 star rating. Among our initial studies, we’ve partnered with world-famous mycologist Paul Stamets on a UBC research ethics approved 10,000+ participant correlational study on the effects of microdosing psychedelic substances on cognitive performance and mental health. We’ve also partnered with award-winning cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg on a 5,000 participant gratitude study.
Help us bring health research to everyone!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images.
What We Expect from You
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the role’s title in your subject line In the email, include: (1) Why you’re excited about what we’re doing. (2) Relevant descriptions and links that best showcase your work as it fits with this role.