Since 2018, Synthesis has been offering legal, medically supervised and science-based psychedelic retreats in Amsterdam for open-minded seekers who want to utilize moderate-to-high doses of psilocybin truffles to catalyze creative breakthroughs, explore consciousness, find meaning, improve confidence, and open up to a mystical experience.
With the FDA designating psilocybin therapy a “breakthrough therapy,” and thereby helping to speed up the process of researching and approving it to treat major depressive disorder (MDD), now a new era is upon us—one in which psychiatrists will be able to legally prescribe psychedelics in the United States.
Deeply rooted in its vision that everyone has access to mental health and wellbeing, Synthesis is uniquely poised to usher in this new era, pioneering as a global leader in advancing research, convening community, educating the public and engaging in activism to promote safe, legal, widespread access to psychedelics.
Standing on its years of experience and reputation for offering world-class psilocybin experiences, Synthesis is also uniquely qualified to set the standard for practitioners to safely, ethically and effectively support people on a journey for healing using psilocybin.
The Synthesis Institute is an Amsterdam based company. We are accepting candidates globally and will consider candidates willing and able to telecommute.
We seek a full-time Clinical Operations Director to support and lead the clinical team’s operations and administrative work. This candidate will align their work with Synthesis’ mission and vision. This candidate will be a key member of the senior management team and work closely with the Clinical Director and screening team. The ideal candidate will maintain the team’s tight organization’s daily operations, manage cross-departmental communications, and is expected to be an experienced and efficient leader. In addition, this candidate must have an advanced understanding of psychedelic therapy, and experience in planning events as the Clinical Operations Director will be responsible for the operations of psilocybin retreats for the clinical program.
Lead and grow Synthesis’ internal clinical operations and programming. This person must have sound knowledge of medical and clinical regulations as well as an expert level understanding of project management. Lead a team that handles day-to-day administration and operations, provide leadership, management, and vision to ensure that Synthesis has an effective team, operational controls, and administrative procedures in place. This candidate will help effectively grow the clinical team and ensure it is operating efficiently.
- Assist Clinical Director
- Lead and coordinate operational and administrative duties for the clinical team and department
- Lead cross-departmental communications
- Manage Health Screening process
- Lead Clinical Governance for the clinical team: annual audits of processes, writing audit reports suggesting operational improvements, and overseeing the transition to new improved processes
- Train and grow clinical teams
- Managing day-to-day operations, budgeting, financial management, and human resource management
- Planning and coordinating psilocybin retreats serving large groups of therapy clients
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing clinical operations
- 5+ years of experience in client/patient intake and health screening processes
- Understand the deep responsibility to deliver ethical psychedelic care
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Nursing or related field preferred
- Proven track record of excellent performance in a clinical setting
- Broad knowledge of modern health care administration practices and principles within a managed care environment and/or an academic medical center
- Deep personal experience with altered states
- Feels personally inspired by the tremendous potential of psychedelics to positively change our collective healthcare and wellbeing landscape
- Familiar with the professional and scientific psychedelic landscape.
- Have self-care and inter-personal integrity as a top priority in your personal life
- Maintains a daily committed personal (spiritual) practice.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Proven track record of excellent performance: honest, ethical, and dependable
- Effective analytical ability to develop and analyze options, solve complex problems and recommend solutions
- Have highly-effective judgment to make sound and responsible decisions and remain grounded under stress
- Have the ability to be flexible and possess a willingness to adapt to changing situations and to learn new skills
- Experience in strategic planning and helping to ensure the efficient operation and growth of the department
- Exceptional boundaries and containment in your leadership style
- Ability to lead through frequent changes in duties and volume of work
- Inspires confidence, appropriate risk-taking and achievement of high standards
- Models professionalism: excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with people of all ages, backgrounds, etc
- Excellent delegation skills
- Skilled at de-escalation and conflict management
- Experience working in a culturally diverse team
- Experience working in a multinational organization
- Experience with Asana, HubSpot, & Netsuite, or similar
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Annual performance and salary review
|Role||Clinical Operations Director|