Since 2018, Synthesis has been offering legal, medically supervised and science-based psychedelic retreats in Amsterdam for open-minded seekers who want to utilize moderate-to-high doses of psilocybin truffles to catalyze creative breakthroughs, explore consciousness, find meaning, improve confidence, and open up to a mystical experience.
With the FDA designating psilocybin therapy a “breakthrough therapy,” and thereby helping to speed up the process of researching and approving it to treat major depressive disorder (MDD), now a new era is upon us—one in which psychiatrists will be able to legally prescribe psychedelics in the United States.
Deeply rooted in its vision that everyone has access to mental health and wellbeing, Synthesis is uniquely poised to usher in this new era, pioneering as a global leader in advancing research, convening community, educating the public and engaging in activism to promote safe, legal, widespread access to psychedelics.
Standing on its years of experience and reputation for offering world-class psilocybin experiences, Synthesis is also uniquely qualified to set the standard for practitioners to safely, ethically and effectively support people on a journey for healing using psilocybin.
The Synthesis Institute is an Amsterdam based company. We are accepting candidates globally and will consider candidates willing and able to telecommute.
We seek a full-time Director Service Officer to grow and lead our customer service team. The ideal candidate will be a sincere, motivating and inspiring guide to our customers by means of providing accurate, up to date content and kind, considered responses. This team member interacts and collaborates with almost all divisions of our operations, specifically with product management, digital automation specialists, and our developer team to relay updates, remove roadblocks, and ensure smooth collaboration. This person must thrive in a fast-paced and startup environment, and be comfortable organizing and leading multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities.
- Grow and lead our customer service team
- Lead CRM tool: leveraging technology for highly personal customer communications (Netsuite,Hubspot or other)
- Deliver organized and useful analytical performance data reports
- Work closely with the Product Manager, Digital Automation Specialist, and Hubspot developer team to further optimize the customer journey from beginning to end.
- Ensure coverage all of communication channels (e.g., support inbox, forms, chat and online community)
- Monitor booking (automation and manual) in our CRM
- Monitor Exploration Call process
- Collect customer information in preparation of various retreats
- Check-in with, and relay important updates between the Retreat, Health Screening, Marketing, Digital Products and Development Teams
- Update and streamline existing processes within our CRM
- Offer technical and content-related support to our Exploration Call Team, Health Screening Team and Digital Education Team
- Ensure consistency across our website, contact forms and customer-facing documents
- Assist the Synthesis educators team in boosting sales and performance. This responsibility can include setting up appointments or following up with customers after their first interaction with a Synthesis educator
- Maintain relationships with active community members.
- Moderate questions and comments on all our communication channels, including social media
- Make sure all prospect and customer questions are answered quickly and clearly
- Know products inside and out to provide most accurate information to customers
- 5+ years experience building and leading a team customer service department and team
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent in work experience in a relevant subject area such as Business Administration, Health Care Management, Nursing, Computer Science related field, Information Systems, or related field
- Expert of insightful, informed and warm responses, ensuring customer comfort/confidence at all phases of the customer journey
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times
- You can read between the lines to understand and cater to the needs of our community
- Deep personal experience with altered states
- Feels personally inspired by the tremendous potential of psychedelics to positively change our collective healthcare and wellbeing landscape
- Familiar with the professional and scientific psychedelic landscape.
- Have self-care and inter-personal integrity as a top priority in your personal life
- Maintains a daily committed personal (spiritual) practice
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Proven track record of excellent performance: honest, ethical, and dependable
- Effective analytical ability to develop and analyze options, solve complex problems and recommend solutions
- Have highly-effective judgment to make sound and responsible decisions and remain grounded under stress
- Have the ability to be flexible and possess a willingness to adapt to changing situations and to learn new skills
- Experience in strategic planning and helping to ensure the efficient operation and growth of the department
- Exceptional boundaries and containment in your leadership style
- Ability to lead through frequent changes in duties and volume of work
- Inspires confidence, appropriate risk taking and achievement of high standards
- Models professionalism: excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with people of all ages, backgrounds, etc
- Excellent delegation skills
- Skilled at de-escalation and conflict management
- Experience working in a culturally diverse team
- Experience working in a multinational organization
- Experience with Asana, HubSpot, & Netsuite, or similar
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Annual performance and salary review
|Role||Chief Operating Officer|