Since 2018, Synthesis has been offering legal, medically supervised and science-based psychedelic retreats in Amsterdam for open-minded seekers who want to utilize moderate-to-high doses of psilocybin truffles to catalyze creative breakthroughs, explore consciousness, find meaning, improve confidence, and open up to a mystical experience.
With the FDA designating psilocybin therapy a “breakthrough therapy,” and thereby helping to speed up the process of researching and approving it to treat major depressive disorder (MDD), now a new era is upon us—one in which psychiatrists will be able to legally prescribe psychedelics in the United States.
Deeply rooted in its vision that everyone has access to mental health and wellbeing, Synthesis is uniquely poised to usher in this new era, pioneering as a global leader in advancing research, convening community, educating the public and engaging in activism to promote safe, legal, widespread access to psychedelics.
Standing on its years of experience and reputation for offering world-class psilocybin experiences,
Synthesis is also uniquely qualified to set the standard for practitioners to safely, ethically and effectively support people on a journey for healing using psilocybin.
The Synthesis Institute is an Amsterdam based company. We are accepting candidates globally and will consider candidates willing and able to telecommute.
The Director of Marketing is a full-time position with responsibilities critical to our success. This person will champion the branding and positioning for the organization, ensuring it authentically and ethically reflects our core values and leverages the existing brand-equity we’ve worked diligently to establish as an industry-leading pioneer, while also innovating as we expand our reach through growth via the diversification of our live retreat and digital training offerings.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and savvy marketing professional with a deep passion for supporting the positive change that’s possible through psychedelics. This person is willing, ready and able to be the organization’s public evangelist for the leading-edge breakthroughs that are possible when psychedelics are embraced in the evolution of the current mental health care and wellness paradigm.
Responsibilities include the development and delivery of a cohesive, integrated marketing strategy that encourages individuals to engage with Synthesis and ultimately select us as their provider of choice for safe, legal and effective psychedelic experiences and training. Excellent communication, collaboration and leadership skills are required to build, guide and grow a team of progressive, mission-oriented marketers. Experience in both sales and marketing with service and/or education based products, plus proven success in a fast-paced, startup environment is preferred. This candidate must demonstrate expert-level understanding of branding, website design and social media strategy and have executed strategic public relations campaigns successfully. Experience executing targeted content marketing campaigns and building engagement inside digital communities is ideal.
- Champion the The Synthesis Institute brand strategy, consistently projecting the mission and vision of the organization while increasing brand awareness and growing market share
- Create a compelling and deeply ethical client path using high-value and transformative no-charge content to build an engaged audience eager to participate in our immersive retreats, clinical services and professional trainings
- Lead our multifaceted brand building activities, including but not limited to, storytelling, short videos, interviews, partnerships, scientific education, open sourcing models, etc.
- Oversee multi-channel, integrated marketing campaigns including: Social, email, paid marketing and affiliate strategies
- Execute a high level multi-year SEO strategy
- Grow the organizations affiliate marketing efforts by aligning with mission-aligned organizations
- Create effective, brand-congruent customer retention programs (alumni, referral programs, community platform, etc.)
- Generate innovative concepts for attracting highly-targeted customer segments
- Work closely with external public relations firm maximizing all corporate publicity efforts
- Manage the companies content strategy and design a cohesive editorial calendar that delivers high-quality, brand-congruent copy
- Deliver organized and useful marketing analytics using data to inform go-forward strategy and be able to clearly communicate insights gained to other departments
- Work closely with the Product Development, Clinical, and Ethics teams ensuring consistency and accuracy of product and service offerings is distributed to Synthesis’ prospective clients, partners, and community
- 5+ years experience in senior-level marketing role
- Proven success building B2C and B2B marketing campaigns in a service and/or education business
- Experience in recruiting, training, growing and leading a dynamic, high-performing group of marketing professionals
- Experienced with CRM’s (Hubspot or other) and leveraging technology to create highly-curated and meaningful customer communications
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Understand the deep responsibility that comes with delivering safe, legal and ethical psychedelic care
- Highly independent self-starter that is detail oriented and organized
- Have highly-effective judgment to make sound and responsible decisions
- Model professionalism through excellent, compassionate, and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with people of all ages, backgrounds, etc.
- Able to proactively solve problems and remain grounded while working inside projects with limited time and resources
- Radiate enthusiasm, charisma, creativity, humor, and servant leadership skills
- Have a daily wellness/self-care practice and value introspection and personal growth as a priority
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Experience in strategic planning and helping to ensure the efficient operation and growth of the department.
- Extensive project and leadership management experience with a positive progression resulting in greater levels of responsibility and leadership based upon proven success preferred.
- Excellent delegation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Impeccable understanding of the ethical and legal considerations for marketing psychedelics
- Nuanced understanding of Synthesis’ unique position within the developing psychedelic ecosystem
- The ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts and build teams.
- Effective analytical ability in order to develop and analyze options, recommend solutions to and solve complex problems and issues.
- Proven track record of innovative ideas that have shaped client engagement, brand awareness, culture, or other
- Inspires confidence, appropriate risk taking and achievement of high standards
- Flexibility in work schedule, on-call required as needed
- Ability to effect collaborative and promote teamwork
- Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
- Ability to lead through frequent changes in duties and volume of work
- Solid understanding of scientific psychedelic research and capacity to replicate in writing
- Deep personal experience with psychedelics
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Annual performance and salary review
|Role||Director of Marketing|