Cybin has an exciting opportunity for mental health professionals to join our growing team as contracted Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy Facilitators!
Cybin. Inc is a leading life sciences company focused on delivering powerful and effective new psychedelic-based therapies that are accessible to all. Cybin is focused on and dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders. Cybin’s mission is to provide the gold standard in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies to maximize therapeutic benefit for participants. To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.
Facilitators will be responsible for delivering skillful and ethical psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy to participants with various indications such as alcohol use disorder, major depressive disorder, anxiety disorders, as well as studies with healthy volunteers. Facilitators are expected to have significant clinical experience, familiarity with psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and complementary therapeutic approaches, and expertise in the particular indication of the study they are applying to. This is a part time position with up to 15-20 hours per week.
As a pre-requisite to this position, all Contract study facilitators are required to receive training in EMBARK, a ground-breaking psychotherapy model that integrates leading clinical approaches to promote supportive healing with psychedelic medicine. EMBARK is a transdiagnostic psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy applicable to a range of indications including alcohol use disorder, major depressive disorder, and anxiety disorders. EMBARK’s integrative approach comprises of six therapeutic domains: Existential & Spiritual, Mindfulness, Body Aware, Affective-Cognitive, Relational, and Keeping Momentum. For more details about EMBARK and the training program, please see the bottom of this document.
Facilitators must complete the EMBARK Therapy Training Program and demonstrate competency before beginning clinical work. Contract Facilitators will be evaluated for ongoing eligibility by Supervisors to ensure their ability to provide skillful and ethical therapy.
- Toronto, Ontario, CA
- At Minimum, Applicant should:
- Hold an active license or registration to practice psychotherapy in good standing in the region in which work will be conducted, OR
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work, ministry, or a related field
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of psychedelic-assisted approaches to therapy and their key differences from other clinical approaches
- Ability to provide a calm, supportive, and nonjudgmental therapist presence
- Ability to form relationships of trust with participants
- Ability and willingness to conduct hours-long medicine sessions with patience and unobtrusiveness
- Ability to balance a flexible, responsive approach to treatment with the incorporation of evidence-based practices
- Capacity for engaging in adequate self-care while participating in challenging clinical work
- Ideally experience working with therapeutic approaches that make use of altered states of consciousness
- It is preferred that applicants be engaged in their own inner-personal wellness practice, both prior to (>2 years) and during clinical work
- Approximately 15-20 hours of clinical work/week with competitive compensation for duration of future potential clinical program opportunities
- Pre-requisite completion of the EMBARK Therapy Training Program with successful evaluation post-training
- Delivering psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy to participants with guidance and evaluation from experienced Supervisors
- Participation in Supervision meetings according to the indication’s required Supervision protocol
- Participation in Peer Consultation Groups with fellow facilitators to support clinical work within a community of practice
- Maintaining clinical charts, including all required documentation of session treatment plans and intake assessments
- Maintaining confidentiality of records as required by law and treatment protocol
- Attending regular team meetings and training as needed
- Attending any required clinical research trainings, including Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and maintaining certifications for duration of study
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cybin Inc. is focused on building a diverse workforce and advancing equity and inclusion within clinical protocols and the EMABRK training program. Cybin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, medical status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us at HR@Cybin.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
ABOUT EMBARK AND THE EMBARK TRAINING PROGRAM:
As part of their preparation to work as study therapists, all facilitators will receive in-depth didactic and experiential training in the full spectrum of psychedelic-assisted therapy best practices and evidence-based interventions. This is an approximate 70-hour training, offered at no cost to facilitators, and will be hosted remotely and with an in-person retreat (~2-3 days) in the Toronto area. The first EMBARK Training Program cohort will take place in Fall 2021, to prepare facilitators for potential opportunities beginning in January 2022.
The training program curriculum for facilitators is centered around EMBARK, a six-domain framework for psychedelic-assisted therapy that was designed to be adaptable to different indications, populations, and therapeutic modalities.EMBARK’s six clinical domains (Existential-Spiritual, Mindfulness, Body Aware, Affective-Cognitive, Relational, Keeping Momentum) represent the broad spectrum of ways in which therapeutic benefits may arise in psychedelic treatment and the equally broad training needed to prepare therapists to support them all. EMBARK’s creators, Bill Brennan, PhD (cand) and Cybin’s Chief Clinical Officer, Alexander Belser, PhD, drew from leading evidence in the field of psychedelic research and the wisdom of senior psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy teachers to develop a uniquely comprehensive framework for working with material that commonly arises in psychedelic preparation, medicine, and integration sessions.
The curriculum will include modules on EMBARK’s six domains as well as indication-specific curriculum, inviting trainees to bring in their prior skillsets in a flexible, yet structured way. Throughout their training and clinical work with participants, facilitators will be supported in their personal and professional growth through professional growth through experiential group work with non-ordinary states of consciousness within their respective cohorts, peer consultation groups, and ongoing opportunities for supervision. The program is being developed to ensure trauma-informed, culturally competent, and ethically rigorous care.
Once completing the EMBARK training program, facilitators will be paired with experienced Supervisors to begin their clinical work with participants. Facilitators will be evaluated on an ongoing basis for their adherence to treatment protocol guidelines and ethical standards.
|Job Category||Operations, Psychiatry|
|Role||Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy Facilitator|