Sage Integrative Health is a non-profit that provides high-quality training, accessible psychedelic therapy at our sliding-scale clinic, and innovative research, fostering effective and culturally-responsive mental health treatment for underserved communities in Oakland and the surrounding Bay Area.
The Development Director holds all matters related to strategic fund development in alignment with the mission, values and vision of the organization. Under the direction of the Executive Director and in collaboration with the Fund Development Committee of the Board of Directors, the Development Director will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Sage Institute’s fundraising including the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, grants and contracts, special events and capital campaigns.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop agency fundraising strategy and implement fundraising plan
- Organize small and large-scale fundraising initiatives
- Corporate development and cultivation
- Grow major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors, and maintaining relationships with donors on a continual basis
- Develop and maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, donor database, fundraising database and tracking systems, and other fundraising technology
- Manage our annual fund, including mailings and annual fundraising drives
- Build planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectations
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Board Treasurer on organizational budget
- Plan and evaluate fundraising campaigns and activities
- Coordinate and manage special fundraising events
- Recruit and train fundraising staff and volunteers as needed
- Stay informed on top fundraising trends and strategies in the nonprofit sector
- Present at Board of Directors meetings when requested by the Board
- Create solicitation materials for fundraising efforts
- Support with creation of publications to support fundraising activities
- Oversee grantseeking including research, proposal writing and reporting for government, corporate and foundation grants
- Maintain a grant writing “plan of action” that outlines upcoming potential funding sources and deadlines, and grant database outlining awarded, pending and denied grants/contracts
- Serve as primary contact with funders
- Create and develop goals and metrics for reporting
- Other special projects as assigned by the leadership team
- Create and implement a fundraising plan within 90 days of start date.
- Raise a minimum of $200,000 in the first year.
- Generate and maintain relationships with at least 25 different core individual donors, and 5 corporate and or foundation donors within the first year
- Send a monthly newsletter keeping our donors up to date
- Coordinate at least 2 annual fundraising events
- Excellent influencing/negotiating skills and oral and written communication
- Strong networking skills
- Promotes integrity and accountability for self and others
- Collaborative approach and attitude
- Embraces diversity
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strategic thinker and visionary
- Possesses awareness and motivation towards mission, values, and vision of agency
- Adaptable and open to change as needed, and adjusts rapidly to new situations
- Strong writing skills
- Bachelor Degree
- 2-4 years minimum of progressive fund development related experience
- Proficiency in google suite related web applications
HOURS & COMPENSATION:
- Part-time employee or contractor
- $3000/month retainer, negotiable based on experience and qualifications
- Potential for timely salary re-evaluation based on performance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The position requires occasional sitting, standing, walking and driving. Frequent use of computer and phone. Lifting is required occasionally, of no more than 20 lbs. at a time. The position requires the ability to see, hear and speak.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is performed in an office environment or remotely in the community. Travel may be required as assigned by leadership. Adherence to any specific safety policies regarding COVID-19 is required.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, keyboard, telephone, printers, copy machines.
EOE STATEMENT: Sage Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
How to apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and 2 references to email@example.com.
|Industry||Psychedelic Therapy Clinic|